Highway Superintendent Theresa Burke and the Town of Red Hook
Theresa Burke is a woman on the move. Whether struggling to keep the town's budget in the black, providing the best services for the residents or gardening in her spare time, Theresa's always doing something. And for the past 12 years, that something has been serving as the highway superintendent of the town of Red Hook. Click for more...
Highway Superintendent Tom Slate and the Town of Pharsalia Highway Department
It doesn't take long to realize that Tom Slate is the right man for the job. Obviously a man comfortable in his own skin, Tom exudes confidence as he tells of his journey to become the highway superintendent of the town of Pharsalia. Click for more...
Highway Superintendent Gary Cole and the Town of Cato
Gary Cole, third-generation highway superintendent of the town of Cato in Cayuga County, has been in office since 2008. He laughingly says, "I'll be remembered as the superintendent who spent the most money."Gary said his father, grandfather and Walter Joshanski, his most recent predecessor (who still plows snow and mows the cemeteries and who talked him into running for the position), didn't spend a lot of money. Click for more...
Town Superintendents of Highways Assoc. Holds Annual Conference
The New York State Association of Town Superintendents of Highways (NYSAOTSOH) held its 93rd annual conference, educational symposium and expo Sept. 20 to 23, 2022, at the Holiday Valley resort in Endicottville, N.Y. Click for more...
2022 N.YS. Highway & Public Works Expo
The 2022 NYS Highway & Public Works Expo is in the books, and it was a resounding success with more than 1,800 in attendance. Representatives from highway departments from as far away as Shelter Island in the Hamptons to a bus load of highway superintendents from Niagara County attended the big show at the New York State Fairgrounds. Click for more...
Editor's Notebook March 2023
On this past Valentine's Day, contractors who are working on the $2.25 billion I-81 project received a nice gift when a judge ruled that the project can continue. The decision, however, also stated that state transportation officials must complete more environmental reviews before razing the I-81 viaduct through Syracuse. Click for more...
- Superintendent Jeff Martin and the Town of Mayfield Highway Department
- Superintendent of Highways Barbara Czworka and the Town of Bethany
- 2022 N.Y.S. Highway & Public Works Expo Exhibitors
- Highway Superintendent Richard T. Othmer Jr. and the Town of Kent
- Last Year's Expo Was Big... This Year's Show Will Be, Too
- Highway Superintendent Steve Hart and the Town of Parishville
- Department of Public Works Superintendent Leo Flynn and the Village of Greenwich
- Highway Superintendent Bill Holvig and the Town of Mohawk
- Highway Superintendent Bruce Thompson and the Town of Stockholm
- Highway Superintendent Bob Haywood and the Town of Black Brook